Skip to main content

Orchard of Flesh Promo (Mini) Tour

So this week is a big one for me and for The Orchard of Flesh, which released on August 1 through Bold Strokes Books, and today through Amazon and other third-party sellers. Follow the links to buy now, or just order a copy from your favourite indie or LGBT bookstore.



OTTAWA: This Thursday, August 18 I will be reading at Stonewall Gallery with fellow Bold Strokesers 'Nathan Burgoine (Triad Blood) and Stevie Mikayne (Jellicle Girl), plus James K Moran, whose literary horror novel Town and Train is published by Lethe Press. Start time is 6pm at 370 Bank Street, Ottawa. If you would like to go, please do RSVP for the event at Stonewall Gallery's Facebook page.


NEW YORK: Then, if that wasn't exciting enough I will be in New York this weekend, August 20 and 21, with the Genre Junkies at Flame Con 2. Those Genre Junkies will be Andrew J Peters (The City of Seven Gods), David Swatling (Calvin's Head), J L Weinberg (True Religion) and of course myself. We will be at table #128 (see the map that I have inflated beyond all reason below), so come say hi, talk about books, buy books (at some exclusive Con discounts, no less), and enjoy a great day of gay geekery with us.



TORONTO: Finally, the official launch for The Orchard of Flesh will take place at Bar 499 (formerly Byzantium) at 499 Church Street, Toronto. Wait, you say, wasn't this going to be hosted by Glad Day Bookshop? Well, indeed it is. In fact Bar 499 will be the new Glad Day Bookshop (and cafe and bar) as soon as the get their extensive collection of books moved over. In the meantime, it is Bar 499, but it is run by the Glad Day team, making this the first launch event in the new Glad Day! You can RSVP to the Facebook event here.

Remember, you can keep up with my appearances, readings and events via my website at www.christianbaines.com. Not currently listed there is GRL 2016. But soon. Sooooooooon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death of a Cluster: Why Sense8 is Exactly the TV Cancellation We Don't Need in 2017

Sense8 is dead. Long live Sense8.

Arguably the most original of Netflix's original series has been unceremoniously canned after just two short seasons, leaving fans to speculate why, and flood the internet with outrage (to which I’m… now going to contribute). As I began writing this, a petition to renew Sense8 for a third season had collected just shy of half a million signatures with no sign of slowing. And for the first time in the history of cancelled shows, I’ve added my name to it. Because I think, for the first time in my life, I’m genuinely pissed that a TV show has been prematurely shafted.



Why did Sense8 stir me and so many others to action in a way that, say, the quiet, sensitive genius of Lookingcouldn't? Certainly, it has something to do with closure. Looking ended on an inconclusive, but logical and satisfying note, while Sense8 has clearly been pulled mid-flight after a rushed final episode ending in a cliff-hanger. Maybe it’s because Sense8 was a genuine artisti…

Pre-Order Now for GRL 2017

I am now accepting pre-orders of all three of my novels for collection at GRL. Simply pre-order using this form, arrange payment via email, and collect your books at the con.
I am offering an exclusive deal for GRL attendees. Order both The Beast Without and The Orchard of Flesh together for just $25 (save $8 on GRL prices, or a whopping $18 on Amazon's price). 
In addition, those who pre-order will get to reserve a swag torch keyring in their preferred colour. I'm bringing these to GRL in strictly limited numbers, so this is a great way to make sure you get the one you want.
Pre-order your books here and I'll be in touch asap via email. Please note, orders must be placed by September 30.